Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Still Here

Surprise! Not dead!

Link (lossless .wav format): http://ge.tt/9E0ITPH/v/0

Here we have a slightly modified version of the classic Karplus-Strong string synthesis, one of my favorite non-basic synthesis methods because of it's simplicity and flexibility. I incorporate a ring modulator into the initial impacts, and allow the impacts themselves to become more sustained and pronounced. I used no interpolation in any of the UGens, which caused many high up harmonics, which were later filtered out. There are four "strings" ringing, proportional to 200/300/400/600. A low pass filter was utilized. This was created entirely in Supercollider, with myself controlling ring modulation frequency and impacts (using a midi keyboard), but then the resulting file was edited in audacity, dropping the overall speed around 50 percent, so that the higher up harmonics would make themselves more known, and also filtering out the excessively high harmonics in order to make room for the lower drones.

Anyways, that's about all, sorry I haven't posted for a while, been very busy, but don't think I have forgotten about you! :D

<3 ac

No comments:

Post a Comment